Don't tolerate ants any longer!
Our non-hazardous treatments are trusted by hundreds of Gold Coast families each year.
Solving Your Ant Infestation
Ants can be a nuisance at home or in your workplace, and many homeowners do not like their presence. Having an ant problem is a common problem on the Gold Coast, but when treating this problem, your common supermarket grade material is just not enough. Some might solve your problem temporarily, but for long lasting results, you need to call in the experts (ahem…us).
Our expert pest management team are fully capable of controlling and getting rid of all of your ant problems. With our expertise and safe, eco-friendly treatment practices, we can guarantee your home and business will be ant-free.
Contact our friendly pest management experts so we can rid your home of ants today.
Ants vs Termites
Ants look much like termites and are often confused with each other, especially by nervous homeowners. However, ants have a narrow waist between the abdomen and thorax, which termites do not. Ants also have large heads, elbowed antennae, and powerful jaws.
Most ants do not cause the same structural damage that termites cause. However, ant infestations can be problematic for other reasons. Pest ants often nest in and around buildings, gather in food preparation areas and have the potential to spread disease.
Ants are common insects, but they have some unique attributes. Ants have colonised all terrestrial habitats throughout the world except the polar regions and highest mountain tops. They are especially prevalent in tropical forests, where they may be up to half of all the insects living in some locations. In Australia there are over 1200 known species of ants and only a handful of these (mostly introduced species) are considered pests.
Ants typically live in structured nest communities that may be located underground, in ground-level mounds, or in trees. Carpenter ants’ nest in wood and can be destructive to buildings. Ant colony sizes vary, and nests can range from a few dozen to millions of individuals. Some species, such as army ants, defy the norm and do not have permanent homes, instead seeking out food for their enormous colonies during periods of migration.
Common Ants Species On The Gold Coast
There are six main species of ants that can invade homes or outdoor living areas on the Gold Coast:
- Black Ants are often encountered foraging inside homes, mainly in kitchen areas, and are attracted usually to sweet foods. They are also a major problem when they choose to nest in wall or roof voids.
- Argentine Ants are a small brown ant that is an invasive introduced pest species that is common and widespread. They usually nest and invade homes and buildings in cooler months, then spread out in large numbers over the summer period, occupying pot plants, gardens and compost bins. They are also commonly found foraging in rubbish bins, on dead animals or excrement.
- Singapore Ants are attracted to plastics in electrical equipment. They have been responsible for electrical fires.
- White Footed House Ants are a pest ant that frequently enters houses through small cracks and, on finding a suitable food or water source, form trails with many workers travelling between their nest sites and the food source.
- Brown Ants invade kitchen and bathroom areas and are often found in pantries. They frequently seem to appear from nowhere very quickly and even after they have been ‘cleaned up’ they re-appear.
- Coastal Brown Ants are a species that nests within buildings and garden areas, however unlike the name suggests, they are not just in coastal areas and are a major pest species throughout suburban area.